Free Care Management
Free care management services are the focal point in Talem's care philosophy. As a part of our commitment to being an active member of the communities we serve, at Talem Home Care & Placement Services, we want to become a trusted resource and information center for all to turn to when they don't know where to get answers.
To us, care management is defined as a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, care coordination, evaluation, and advocacy for options and services to meet an individual's and family's comprehensive needs through communication and available resources to promote quality, cost-effective outcomes.
Navigating through the complexities and the confusion of today's health care system can cause you or your loved one to experience failures in coordination and education, particularly at points of transition. A transition can be a change of physical location (ex: Hospital to home or rehab to home), or it can be a change in your overall health. Our goal is to assist you through these times, so all you have to focus on is getting better.
These care management services may include but are not limited to:
- Helping families who may live out of town take care of their loved ones. Having us be your eyes and ears.
- Working in partnership with you, and if applicable, your responsible party, to understand your care needs and wants so that we can advocate on your behalf;
- Offering guidance and recommendations should you require additional support from a third-party health care provider, such as rehab, therapy, home health, hospice, mobile pet care, mobile podiatry, etc.;
- Coordinating care with your hospital or rehabilitation center to ensure a smooth transition back to your home; and
- Routinely communicating with physicians, discharge planners, social workers, and other health care professionals regarding your condition.
- Benefits check to help you understand what your insurance covers.
- Assisting you to fill out the application for the Veterans Administration Aid & Attendance program.
Do not wait to call us. We can help if you:
- Are in the hospital
- Are sent to acute care
- Are sent to the ER and not admitted
- Are admitted into rehab
- See a decline in your health
- Need any help with daily activities such as grooming/dressing, bathing, getting to and from the dining room, etc.
- Need help with homemaking activities such as vacuuming, mopping, laundry, cleaning, transportation
- Feel like you are weaker or have less endurance than you used to have
- Have experienced a decline in your ability to move around the facility or your home
- Have experienced a fall or have a fear of falling
- Feel dizzy or experience vertigo
- Have difficulty with your blood pressure
- Have difficulty breathing
- Have had a recent hospitalization and need help returning to your prior level
- of function
- Need assistance with your wound management
- Need assistance managing your diabetes, heart failure, pulmonary disease or any other disease
Your Family is Our Family
No family should experience the stresses of aging without the needed information to make the best decision. Our Certified Senior Advisors® are dedicated to providing compassion, dedication, professionalism, and advice to give the reassurance we all need when helping our loved ones.
Contact us today to start the conversation on how our core values and philosophy of care can help you and your family.